Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Aspiration


As rivers do run to the ocean
thus into the sea.

Then so do tears fall endeared
as mine do flow for thee.

There were moments thus as tender

as moments thus were kind,

that within mine heart

lies ember’s spark

forsooth it still burns for thine.

As mountains aspire to heaven
therefore unto the sky.

What for are dreams unredeemed

when stars are still too high.
Thus if dreams were meant for lovers,

is love then meant for fools,
what fool would I be

were I to dream of thee

whose skies are filled of jewels.


Were you an ocean I would sail

to find your seventh sea
Or e’en a mountain could I scale
that I might be with thee.
If a star is too high I would learn to fly
might one fall I would wish,

‘pon the death of a star
lies the hope of mine heart

might e’en it to be my final kiss.

© Charles Coakley Simpson 2007

No comments: